This banana-hemp loaf is loaded with good-for-you ingredients and a ton of flavor!
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup ground hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp hearts + extra to decorate
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- 6 burro bananas
- 1/4 cup sesame "tahini" butter
- 1/2 cup date sugar
- 1 cup homemade walnut milk
- Heat the oven to 350°F, and grease a baking tin with a little bit of grapeseed oil.
- Put the spelt flour, ground hemp seeds, hemp hearts, and sea salt in a large bowl and mix to distribute everything evenly.
- In another bowl, use a fork to mash the burro bananas to a paste, then add the sesame "tahini" butter, date sugar, grapeseed oil, and homemade walnut milk. Mix well, then scrape into the flour bowl and mix until the batter is smooth and uniform.
- Pour into the baking dish, then tap it on the counter to level out the surface and release any air bubbles. Thinly slice the remaining banana and lay these on top of the cake to decorate and sprinkle with extra hemp hearts.
- Bake for 60 minutes, until the top of the bread is golden, and a skewer comes out clean.