Hemp hummus is a great alternative to regular hummus! It features nutrient-dense hemp seeds as well as raw sesame "tahini" butter.
It’s a nutritious, satisfying snack that’s also great in sandwiches and wraps.
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon raw sesame "tahini" butter
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 cup spring water
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place the hemp seeds and sea salt in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S blade. Grind the hemp seeds for about 30 seconds, or until they've formed a fine meal.
- Add the chickpeas, key lime juice, raw sesame "tahini" butter, oregano, and cayenne pepper to the food processor. Pulse a few times.
- With the motor of the processor running, add the spring water through the spout of the processor. Process all ingredients until smooth and creamy (about 1-2 minutes), stopping every now and then to scrape the bowl down.
- Season to taste with cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- Serve with a dash of olive oil on top.