These crowd-pleasing Tahini Hemp Seed Bars have the most amazing, chewy texture and sweet, nutty flavor.
You will love these for a healthy dessert or snack anytime!
- 1 cup amaranth (puffed)
- 1 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup packed pitted soft dates
- 1/2 cup unsweetened fine shredded soft-jelly coconut
- 1/2 cup homemade raw natural tahini
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Place the amaranth along with the rest of the ingredients in a food processor, and mix until it forms a thick, crumbly dough.
- Line a 7-8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper so it sticks out over the edge.
- Press the dough into the pan, taking a few minutes to press it into all corners and getting it as flat as you can.
- Bake for 30 minutes then let cool in the pan for at least 15 minutes. Slice into 16 squares and carefully lift out of the pan. If you used parchment paper, you can lift the whole thing out of the pan and slice it on a cutting board.
- Let cool then store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or freezer for up to 3 months.