A fun spin on traditional tabbouleh, this Sebi-approved version uses hemp hearts as its base.
- 1 cup hemp seed hearts
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, seeded, chopped into small bits (about 1 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup wild arugula, chopped
- 1 cup sweet basil, chopped
- 1 key lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Taste and add additional key lime juice, olive oil, and cayenne pepper, if needed.
- Serve immediately or chill in the fridge until ready to serve. The tabbouleh may collect a little liquid as it sits, just give it a good stir if this happens.