Hashimoto’s Disease is the most common thyroid condition in the US, affecting over 20 million people, and half of them don’t even know they have an issue because symptoms take years to develop.
Protect your thyroid, and treat underlying inflammation, with our potent and pure Hemp-based CBD oil. Regulate thyroid hormone production - and prevent immune over-activation - with calming and nourishing full-spectrum CBD-oil.
The History of Hashimoto’s
Hashimoto’s Disease is an immune imbalance impacting the thyroid gland. Identified in 1912, the inflammatory condition was named after a Japanese doctor. Hashimoto studied thyroid glands from just four patients and identified specific features of unusual damage and immune activation – leading him to believe the immune system was attacking the thyroid.
Hashimoto’s Disease is twice as common in women, and affects children too. Approximately 15% of American’s have a thyroid issue, each of which has slightly different features but the same underlying cause.
The Thyroid & Thyroiditis
The thyroid is a butterfly-shaped, half-inch, hormone-producing gland in your neck. It produces two hormones that control metabolism (how your body utilizes energy) - regulating body temperature and heart rate while impacting weight, mood, and mental energy.
The thyroid’s metabolic management is like the gas pedal in your car. Any damage to the gland, or inflammation, impairs function - slowing (hyp-o-thyroid-ism) or speeding up (hyp-er-thyroid-ism) the rate of hormone production. Thyroiditis (any word ending in ‘-itis’ just means inflamed) also impacts the structure of the gland, making it swell.
“There is only one disease, and there is only one cure.” – Dr. Sebi
Multiple Conditions, One Issue
Hashimoto’s Disease is just one of the many names given to the issues faced by the thyroid gland:
- Thyroiditis (inflamed thyroid) – caused by infection, toxins, radiation, heavy metals, diet, and some drugs – results in low, or high, levels of one or both thyroid hormones.
- Goiter – gland becomes inflamed and swollen, typically due to hormone excess, but can also be dietary.
- Hashimoto’s Disease (low thyroid hormones) - most common type of hypothyroidism Low energy, fatigue, brain fog, brittle nails, constipation, joint pain, skin issues (pale, dry, puffy), weight gain, hair loss, feeling cold.
- Grave’s Disease (excess thyroid hormones) - nervousness, irritability, fast heart, insomnia, muscle weakness, high blood pressure, feeling hot, hunger, and weight gain - most common type of hyperthyroidism.
Autoimmunity or Toxicity?
Inflammatory issues, like Hashimoto’s, are generally understood to be a ‘malfunction’ in the immune system. But, as Dr. Sebi taught us, disease is the result of mucus (caused by toxins and acidity) clogging up and inflaming the gland - preventing nutrients coming in, and waste getting out.
Specific foods, like wheat, may play a role in triggering thyroiditis, but it’s the sum of what we consume that drives inflammation.
Inflammatory foods create havoc for the whole body, and the thyroid is a delicate gland that suffers first. Processed foods full of sugar and chemicals damage the gut, confuse the immune system, and create inflammation.
Approved foods on Dr. Sebi’s Nutritional Guide are naturally anti-inflammatory – they soothe the gut and calm the fire of inflammation. These approved foods naturally sustain the thyroid gland, and immune system – abundant in zinc plus plant-based polyphenols and phytosterols):
- Fruit: berries (except cranberries), key limes, burro bananas, and apples.
- Vegetables: cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, arugula, mushrooms, squash.
- Fats: Avocado, avocado oil, coconut oil, soft jelly coconut flesh.
- Seeds/Nuts/Beans: garbanzo beans, brazil nuts, sesame seeds.
Typically, Hashimoto’s is treated with synthetic hormones. But, these often have side effects that mimic hyperthyroidism – leaving patients bouncing between two sets of symptoms. Fortunately, CBD oil (a non-psychoactive extract of the hemp plant) is exceptionally effective in managing the symptoms of thyroiditis and reducing underlying inflammation. Pair CBD with Dr. Sebi’s Bromide Plus Capsules, the rich nutrients found in Sea Moss help improve the thyroid gland, balance hormones, and target the symptoms caused by Hashimoto’s.
Hemp-based CBD softens the impact of inflammatory ‘messengers’ (called cytokines), reducing excess immune activation. Imagine a room full of people shouting information…...CBD is the guy that quiets people down so the immune system can ‘hear’ what needs to be communicated.
Relief with CBD
CBD (cannabidiol) can regulate the inflammatory response through receptors (CB1 and CB2) on cells inside the thyroid gland. Stimulating these receptors with CBD has two key effects:
- Stimulating CB1 - Regulates thyroid hormone production.
- Stimulating CB2 - Reduces thyroid swelling and inflammation.
Patients using CBD also experience significant relief:
- Digestion: normalize weight, bowel movements, and appetite.
- Brain: increases mental energy, stabilizes mood and emotions.
- Sleep: reduces insomnia, sleep is easier and higher quality.
- Pain: reduces joint and muscle pain, stops tension headaches.
- Nerves: regulates heart rate, reduces finger tremble.
Inflammation is the modern plague devastating our organs and glands. Luckily, CBD acts as a one-stop shop for reducing inflammation and supporting your immune system. CBD rebalances the inflammation information, freeing up energy and enthusiasm. CBD calms your mind and mood while motivating your metabolism. Hemp can help you feel the balance of energized and alive, relaxed and centered.